Flower Hill Elementary School
- Flower Hill Elementary School's student population of 498 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||498 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Flower Hill Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#903 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gaithersburg Forest Oak Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 789 students
651 Saybrooke Oaks Blvd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(301)670-8242 0.8 6-8 789
- Gaithersburg Strawberry Knoll Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 659 students
18820 Strawberry Knoll Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
(301)840-7112 0.8 PK-5 659
- Gaithersburg Gaithersburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 797 students
2 Teachers' Way
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(301)840-4554 1.3 6-8 797
- Derwood Mill Creek Towne Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 363 students
17700 Park Mill Dr
Derwood, MD 20855
(301)840-7149 1.4 PK-5 363
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.