Fondren Elementary School
Fondren Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Fondren Elementary School's student population of 374 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fondren Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#6859 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Foerster Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 743 students
14200 Fonmeadow Dr
Houston, TX 77035
(713)726-3604 0.7 PK-5 743
- Houston Accelerated Interdisciplinary Academy Grades: PK-6 | 259 students
12825 Summit Rdg Dr
Houston, TX 77225
(713)728-9330 1.1 PK-6 259
- Houston Anderson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 794 students
5727 Ludington Dr
Houston, TX 77035
(713)726-3600 1.6 PK-5 794
- Missouri City Thurgood Marshall High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,243 student
1220 Buffalo Run
Missouri City, TX 77489
(281)634-6630 1.7 9-12 1,243
- Houston Victory Preparatory Academy South Grades: 9-12 | 252 students
6011 W Orem
Houston, TX 77085
(832)547-2524 1.8 9-12 252
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.