Gross Elementary School
- Gross Elementary School's student population of 642 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||642 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gross Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7103 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Welch Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 800 students
11544 S Gessner
Houston, TX 77071
(713)778-3300 1.0 6-8 800
- Houston Girls & Boys Prep Academy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 131 students
8415 W Bellfort St
Houston, TX 77074
(713)270-2006 1.1 6-8 131
- Houston Yes Prep - Brays Oaks Grades: 6-12 | 929 students
9000 W Bellfort St
Houston, TX 77031
(713)967-8400 1.2 6-12 929
- College Station Arrow Academy - Mccormack Honors Academy
5874 Bellfort St
College Station, TX 77842
(979)703-8820 1.5 n/a n/a
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.