Fordsville Elementary School
- Fordsville Elementary School's student population of 269 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fordsville Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#887 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ohio County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whitesville Whitesville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 356 students
9656 Ky 54
Whitesville, KY 42378
(270) 852-7670 9.3 PK-5 356
- Hawesville South Hancock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 232 students
8631 State Rt 69
Hawesville, KY 42348
(270) 927-6762 10.4 PK-5 232
- Horse Branch Horse Branch Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 221 students
11980 Us Hwy 62 E
Horse Branch, KY 42349
(270) 274-4662 12.3 PK-6 221
- Cloverport Frederick Fraize High School Grades: 9-12 | 121 students
301 Poplar Street
Cloverport, KY 40111
(270) 788-3388 14.5 9-12 121
- Cloverport Frederick Fraize Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 92 students
301 Popular Street
Cloverport, KY 40111
(270) 788-3388 14.5 6-8 92
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.