Forestville Elementary School
Forestville Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Forestville Elementary School's student population of 581 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||581 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forestville Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#25 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reston Aldrin Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 731 students
11375 Center Harbor Rd
Reston, VA 20194
(703)904-3800 1.0 PK-6 731
- Reston Armstrong Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 460 students
11900 Lake Newport Rd
Reston, VA 20194
(703)375-4800 1.8 PK-6 460
- Reston Forest Edge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 591 students
1501 Beacontree Ln
Reston, VA 20190
(703)925-8000 1.8 PK-6 591
- Springfield Forestdale Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 545 students
6530 Elder Ave
Springfield, VA 22150
(703)313-4300 1.8 PK-6 545
- Great Falls Great Falls Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 519 students
701 Walker Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703)757-2100 2.0 PK-6 519
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.