Fountaindale Elementary School serves 359 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Fountaindale Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 35-39% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 20%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 35-39% (which is approximately equal to the Maryland state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Maryland state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Maryland state average of 66% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 359 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 46%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 35-39% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
Fountaindale Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
Fountaindale Elementary School's student population of 359 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fountaindale Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,343 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Fountaindale Elementary School is 0.65, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.73. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MD)
Overall Testing Rank
#302 out of 1343 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fountaindale Elementary School's ranking?
Fountaindale Elementary School is ranked #302 out of 1,343 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Maryland.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
35-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 20% MD state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% MD state average).
How many students attend Fountaindale Elementary School?
359 students attend Fountaindale Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
54% of Fountaindale Elementary School students are White, 19% of students are Black, 11% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Two or more races, and 6% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Fountaindale Elementary School?
Fountaindale Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Fountaindale Elementary School offer ?
Fountaindale Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Fountaindale Elementary School part of?
Fountaindale Elementary School is part of Washington County Public Schools School District.
Review Fountaindale Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.