Francis Scott Key High School
Francis Scott Key High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Francis Scott Key High School's student population of 948 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||948 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Francis Scott Key High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Francis Scott Key High School is Carroll County School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Carroll County School District's student population of 25,322 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 93% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,422 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,081 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Carroll County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||25,322||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$385 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$376 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,422||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,081||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Bridge Elmer A. Wolfe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 382 students
119 N Main St
Union Bridge, MD 21791
(410)751-3307 2.6 PK-5 382
- Westminster Runnymede Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 539 students
3000 Langdon Dr
Westminster, MD 21158
(410)751-3203 3.0 PK-5 539
- Taneytown Northwest Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 512 students
99 Kings Drive
Taneytown, MD 21787
(410)751-3270 4.5 6-8 512
- Taneytown Taneytown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 413 students
100 Kings Drive
Taneytown, MD 21787
(410)751-3260 4.5 PK-5 413