Frank J. Zamboni Middle School
Frank J. Zamboni Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Frank J. Zamboni Middle School's student population of 929 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||929 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Frank J. Zamboni Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Frank J. Zamboni Middle School is Paramount Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Paramount Unified School District's student population of 15,491 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,451 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,274 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Paramount Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||15,491||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$150 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$163 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,451||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,274||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Compton Clinton William Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 951 students
6500 Compton Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(562)630-7912 0.4 K-8 951
- Compton Dominguez High School Grades: 9-12 | 1896 students
15301 S. San Jose Ave.
Compton, CA 90221
(562)630-0142 0.4 9-12 1896
- Paramount Leona Jackson Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 805 students
7220 Jackson St.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8020 0.5 4-8 805
- Long Beach Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 911 students
1060 E. 70th St.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)602-0302 0.6 6-8 911
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.