Franklin Jr/sr High School
- Franklin Jr/sr High School's student population of 151 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Franklin Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2792 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Franklin CUSD 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Franklin East Grade School Grades: PK-1 | 57 students
412 Wyatt St
Franklin, IL 62638
(217)675-2334 0.1 PK-1 57
- Waverly Waverly Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 191 students
499 W Elm St
Waverly, IL 62692
(217)435-2331 5.0 PK-6 191
- Waverly Waverly Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 172 students
201 N Miller St
Waverly, IL 62692
(217)435-2211 5.1 7-12 172
- Alexander Alexander Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 90 students
Po Box 140
Alexander, IL 62601
(217)478-3011 7.1 2-5 90
- New Berlin New Berlin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 462 students
600 N Cedar St
New Berlin, IL 62670
(217)488-6054 10.1 PK-5 462
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.