Franklin School serves 289 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Franklin School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Oregon for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Oregon state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the Oregon state average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 289 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 31%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in OR
- Math Proficiency: 65% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 73% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
Franklin School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Franklin School's student population of 289 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Franklin School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,208 schools in Oregon (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Franklin School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (OR)
Overall Testing Rank
#99 out of 1208 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
Review Franklin School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
Philadelphia Schools: Cheating Allegations
Teachers in Philadelphia are being accused of cheating, with two administrators being recently dismissed. We report on the scandal that is rocking the City of Brotherly Love and beyond.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.