Fred H Croninger Elementary School
Fred H Croninger Elementary School serves 644 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Fred H Croninger Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 77% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the Indiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 32% (majority Black).
Fred H Croninger Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Fred H Croninger Elementary School's student population of 644 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fred H Croninger Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,757 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Fred H Croninger Elementary School is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#71 out of 1757 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IN Dept. of Education
I go to this school and I definitely feel like all these scores are correct compared to other websites. Good job.
Review Fred H Croninger Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.