Galileo Magnet School
Galileo Magnet School serves 795 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Galileo Magnet School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Idaho for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 76% (which is higher than the Idaho state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 76% (which is higher than the Idaho state average of 55%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the Idaho state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Idaho state average of 25% (majority Hispanic).
Galileo Magnet School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Idaho for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Galileo Magnet School's student population of 795 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Galileo Magnet School is ranked within the top 5% of all 682 schools in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Galileo Magnet School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (ID)
Overall Testing Rank
#22 out of 682 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, ID Dept. of Education
Review Galileo Magnet School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.