Galliano Elementary School
- Galliano Elementary School's student population of 431 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galliano Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#270 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lafourche Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cut Off South Lafourche High School Grades: 8-12 | 1,044 student
16911 East Main Street
Cut Off, LA 70345
(985) 632-5721 1.8 8-12 1,044
- Golden Meadow Golden Meadow Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 255 students
124 North Third Street
Golden Meadow, LA 70357
(985) 475-7669 3.0 3-5 255
- Larose Larose-cut Off Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 512 students
13356 West Main Street
Larose, LA 70373
(985) 693-3273 4.3 6-8 512
- Larose South Larose Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 372 students
154 West 25th Stree
Larose, LA 70373
(985) 693-7597 4.3 PK-5 372
It's a great school. Wonderful teachers. Very understanding people. I loved that school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - deara
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.