Larose-cut Off Middle School
Larose-cut Off Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Larose-cut Off Middle School's student population of 512 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Larose-cut Off Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#249 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lafourche Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Larose South Larose Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 372 students
154 West 25th Stree
Larose, LA 70373
(985) 693-7597 0.0 PK-5 372
- Cut Off Cut Off Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 488 students
177 West 55th Street
Cut Off, LA 70345
(985) 632-3116 2.4 PK-5 488
- Cut Off South Lafourche High School Grades: 8-12 | 1,044 student
16911 East Main Street
Cut Off, LA 70345
(985) 632-5721 2.6 8-12 1,044
- Lockport North Larose Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 284 students
175 Richardel Drive
Lockport, LA 70374
(985) 693-3445 6.4 PK-5 284
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.