Garden City Middle School
- Garden City Middle School's student population of 439 students has declined by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 37% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garden City Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,167 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2533 out of 3167 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garden City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Stottlemyer Early Childhood Center Grades: PK
34801 Marquette St
Westland, MI 48185
(734)419-2645 0.6 PK n/a
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.