Multicultural Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Multicultural Academy's student population of 203 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 43% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Multicultural Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,167 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2967 out of 3167 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Multicultural Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ann Arbor Clifford E. Bryant Comm. School Grades: K-2 | 311 students
2150 Santa Rosa Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(734)997-1212 2.1 K-2 311
- Ann Arbor Mary D. Mitchell School Grades: K-5 | 363 students
3550 Pittsview Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(734)997-1216 2.2 K-5 363
- Saline Harvest Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 468 students
1155 Campus Pkwy
Saline, MI 48176
(734)401-4501 2.6 K-3 468
This school has changed my life in the most amazing way. Currently, I am in my 2nd year of college and will graduate with honors hopefully as a pre-med student. Graduating high school from Multicultural Academy has help shaped the person I have become today. They amazing learning experiences I have gained both academically and socially has helped me thrive now. I would highly recommend this school to any parent that would like to see their child accomplish their goals and grow to make a difference in the world. I have attended this school for over 10 years and will hopefully bring my kids one day. Small learning environments, amazing staff, and many more opportunities. Don't listen to the negativity and make a difference in your child's life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jan7s