Gates Mills Elementary School
Gates Mills Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Gates Mills Elementary School's student population of 122 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gates Mills Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#647 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mayfield City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Mayfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 904 students
1123 Som Center Rd
Cleveland, OH 44124
(440)995-7801 1.9 6-8 904
- Cleveland Mayfield Center Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 440 students
6625 Wilson Mills Rd
Cleveland, OH 44143
(440)995-7400 2.2 K-5 440
- Chesterland Robert C Lindsey Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 334 students
11844 Caves Rd
Chesterland, OH 44026
(440)729-5980 2.8 K-5 334
- Novelty Westwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 408 students
13738 Caves Rd
Novelty, OH 44072
(440)729-5990 2.9 K-5 408
- Cleveland Lander Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 464 students
1714 Lander Rd
Cleveland, OH 44124
(440)995-7350 3.1 K-5 464
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.