Mayfield Middle School
Mayfield Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mayfield Middle School's student population of 913 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||913 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mayfield Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,255 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#779 out of 3255 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mayfield City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Mayfield High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,809 student
6116 Wilson Mills Rd
Cleveland, OH 44143
(440) 995-6900 1.2 9-12 1,809
- Cleveland Lander Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 494 students
1714 Lander Rd
Cleveland, OH 44124
(440) 995-7350 1.7 K-5 494
- Gates Mills Gates Mills Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 123 students
7639 Colvin Rd
Gates Mills, OH 44040
(440) 995-7500 1.9 K-5 123
- Cleveland Mayfield Preschool Grades: PK | 80 students
950 Millridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44143
(440) 995-7300 1.9 PK 80
Mrs. Golem is the most amazing teacher. She teaches her students in the way that they learn at their own level, but she attempts to bring them to the highest level they can reach. She is also very social and relates to each student one on one. This brings the student to a very comfortable level of learning.
- Posted by Teacher - ALLISON Golem
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.