Gatesville Elementary School
- Gatesville Elementary School's student population of 279 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gatesville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#838 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gates County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gatesville Gates County Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 517 students
088 Hwy 158 West
Gatesville, NC 27938
(252)357-0720 1.9 9-12 517
- Gatesville Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 357 students
362 Us Hwy 158 W
Gatesville, NC 27938
(252)357-0470 2.3 6-8 357
- Gates Buckland Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 235 students
448 Nc 37 North
Gates, NC 27937
(252)357-1611 4.0 K-5 235
- Sunbury T S Cooper Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 235 students
237 Nc 32 South
Sunbury, NC 27979
(252)465-4091 8.3 K-5 235
- Ahoskie Bearfield Primary Grades: PK-3 | 746 students
145 Hertford Co High School Rd
Ahoskie, NC 27910
(252)209-6140 9.4 PK-3 746
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.