Gearhart Elementary School
Gearhart Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Gearhart Elementary School's student population of 9 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||9 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gearhart Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,194 schools in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#519 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Klamath County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest elementary school is Bonanza Elementary School (22.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bonanza Bonanza Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 219 students
31610 Mission St
Bonanza, OR 97623
(541)545-6581 22.9 K-6 219
- Malin Malin Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 134 students
2153 Third St
Malin, OR 97632
(541)723-2261 32.4 K-6 134
- Paisley Paisley School Grades: K-12 | 221 students
260 Green St
Paisley, OR 97636
(541)943-3111 32.9 K-12 221
- Lakeview Union Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 49 students
92398 Water Users Ln
Lakeview, OR 97630
(541)947-2553 33.6 K-6 49
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.