Geneva Community High School
Geneva Community High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Geneva Community High School's student population of 1,939 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 122 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,939 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||122 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Geneva Community High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#201 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Geneva Cusd 304 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Geneva Friendship Station Elementary School Grades: PK | 68 students
227 N 4th St
Geneva, IL 60134
(630)463-3060 0.4 PK 68
- Elgin Gifford Street Regional Safe School Prog Grades: 6-12 | 9 students
46 S Gifford St
Elgin, IL 60120
(630)232-5963 0.5 6-12 9
- Saint Charles Davis Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 468 students
1125 S 7th St
Saint Charles, IL 60174
(331)228-2200 0.7 PK-2 468
- Saint Charles Haines Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1039 students
305 S 9th St
Saint Charles, IL 60174
(331)228-3100 1.2 6-8 1039
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.