Evans County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Evans County School District serving 1,857 students in Claxton, Georgia.
- Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Georgia state average of 59%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Evans County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Claxton Claxton Elementary School6463 Us Highway 301
Claxton, GA 30417
Grades: PK-5 | 1027 students
- Claxton Claxton High School102 N Clark St
Claxton, GA 30417
Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
- Claxton Claxton Middle School600 Hendrix Street
Claxton, GA 30417
Grades: 6-8 | 423 students
|School District Name||Evans County School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||1,857|
|# of Teachers||127|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||922|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||935|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||465|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||635|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||702|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||128|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||153|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||138|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||144|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||85|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Evans County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,103 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,843 is less than the state average of $9,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$33 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,103||$9,937|
|Spending / Student||$8,843||$9,903|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.