Glen Grove Elementary School
Glen Grove Elementary School serves 437 students in grades 3-5.
Glen Grove Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 62% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Illinois state average of 53% (majority Hispanic and Black).
Glen Grove Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Glen Grove Elementary School's student population of 437 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers (18-19)
Students by Grade
Glen Grove Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Glen Grove Elementary School is 0.64, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#270 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Glen Grove Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.