Glenridge Elementary School
- Glenridge Elementary School's student population of 794 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||794 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenridge Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1129 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverdale Beacon Heights Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 493 students
6929 Furman Pkwy
Riverdale, MD 20737
(301) 918-8700 0.7 PK-6 493
- Hyattsville Margaret Brent Regional Center Grades: K-8 | 78 students
5816 Lamont Ter
Hyattsville, MD 20784
(301) 918-8780 1.0 K-8 78
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.