Beacon Heights Elementary School
Beacon Heights Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Beacon Heights Elementary School's student population of 498 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||498 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Beacon Heights Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Glenridge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 839 students
7200 Gallatin St
Hyattsville, MD 20784
(301)918-8740 0.7 PK-6 839
- Riverdale Templeton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 796 students
6001 Carters Ln
Riverdale, MD 20737
(301)985-1880 0.8 PK-5 796
- Riverdale William Wirt Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1065 students
6200 Tuckerman St
Riverdale, MD 20737
(301)985-1720 0.8 6-8 1065
- Hyattsville Excel Academy Public Charter Grades: K-8 | 420 students
7910 Scott Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20785
(301)925-2320 0.9 K-8 420
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.