Glenridge Elementary School
Glenridge Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Glenridge Elementary School's student population of 352 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||352 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Glenridge Elementary School is Clayton School District, which is ranked within the top 1% of all 552 school districts in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Clayton School District's student population of 2,670 students has grown by 27% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $25,361 is higher than the state average of $9,726. The district revenue/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $27,667 is higher than the state average of $9,907. The district spending/student has grown by 19% over four school years.
|School District Name||Clayton School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,670||569|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$53 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$58 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$25,361||$9,726|
|District Spending / Student||$27,667||$9,907|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Meramec Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 363 students
400 S Meramec Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)854-6300 0.7 K-5 363
- Saint Louis Juvenile Detention Center Grades: K-12 | 56 students
501 S Brentwood Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)615-2974 0.9 K-12 56
- Saint Louis Flynn Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 324 students
7220 Waterman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63130
(314)290-4421 1.1 K-5 324
- Saint Louis Brentwood Early Childhd Center Grades: PK
1201 Hanley Industrial Court
Saint Louis, MO 63144
(314)262-8521 1.2 PK n/a
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.