Gonic School serves 245 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Gonic School placed in the top 30% of all schools in New Hampshire for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the New Hampshire state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is approximately equal to the New Hampshire state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the New Hampshire state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the New Hampshire state average of 14% (majority Hispanic).
Gonic School's student population of 245 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Gonic School is ranked within the top 30% of all 455 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Gonic School is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NH)
Overall Testing Rank
#115 out of 455 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NH Dept. of Education
Review Gonic School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.