Granite Elementary School
Granite Elementary School serves 155 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Granite Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Oklahoma for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Oklahoma state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Oklahoma state average of 34%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Oklahoma state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Oklahoma state average of 51% (majority Hispanic).
Granite Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Granite Elementary School's student population of 155 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Granite Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,700 schools in Oklahoma (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Granite Elementary School is 0.36, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OK)
Overall Testing Rank
#78 out of 1700 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OK Dept. of Education
Review Granite Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.