Grant Elementary School
- Grant Elementary School's student population of 508 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||508 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grant Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6919 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Jose Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Ace Inspire Academy Grades: 5-8 | 256 students
1155 E. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95126
(408) 295-6008 0.7 5-8 256
- San Jose Empire Gardens Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 309 students
1060 E. Empire St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 535-6221 0.7 K-5 309
- San Jose Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 424 students
55 N. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 535-6237 0.8 K-5 424
- San Jose Downtown College Preparatory Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 594 students
1402 Monterey Hwy.
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 271-8120 0.9 5-8 594
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.