Grayson Co. Alternative Education
Grayson Co. Alternative Education places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Grayson Co. Alternative Education's student population of 5 students has declined by 68% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has declined by 66% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||5 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grayson Co. Alternative Education's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has increased from 2:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Grayson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Caneyville Caneyville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 392 students
521 East Maple St.
Caneyville, KY 42721
(270)879-4211 0.3 PK-5 392
- Leitchfield Grayson County Area Vocational Ed Center
252 Schoolhouse Rd
Leitchfield, KY 42754
(270)259-3195 8.4 n/a n/a
- Leitchfield Grayson County High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,340 student
340 Schoolhouse Rd
Leitchfield, KY 42754
(270)259-4078 8.4 9-12 1,340
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.