Great Bridge Int
Great Bridge Int serves 654 students in grades 3-5.
Great Bridge Int placed in the top 20% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 93% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 84% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 54% (majority Black).
- Grades: 3-5
- Students: 654 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 29%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in VA
- Math Proficiency: 93% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 84% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), VA Dept. of Education
Great Bridge Int's student population of 654 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Great Bridge Int is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Great Bridge Int is 0.48, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#347 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), VA Dept. of Education
Review Great Bridge Int. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.