Green Township Elementary School serves 142 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Green Township Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 142 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 8%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Green Township Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Green Township Elementary School's student population of 142 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 37% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Green Township Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Green Township Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#247 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Green Township Elementary School's ranking?
Green Township Elementary School is ranked #247 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Green Township Elementary School?
142 students attend Green Township Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
92% of Green Township Elementary School students are White, 3% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Green Township Elementary School?
Green Township Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does Green Township Elementary School offer ?
Green Township Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Green Township Elementary School part of?
Green Township Elementary School is part of MSD Martinsville Schools School District.
Review Green Township Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.