- Greenwood Academy's student population of 345 students has grown by 125% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 55% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Greenwood Academy's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9448 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Contra Costa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Lincoln Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 427 students
29 Sixth St.
Richmond, CA 94801
(510)231-1404 0.1 K-6 427
- Richmond Nystrom Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 503 students
230 Harbour Way S.
Richmond, CA 94804
(510)231-1406 0.3 K-6 503
- Richmond Richmond College Preparatory Grades: K-6 | 436 students
214 S. 11th St.
Richmond, CA 94802
(510)235-2066 0.3 K-6 436
- Oakland Leadership Public Schools: Richmond Grades: 9-12 | 548 students
880 Bissell Ave.
Oakland, CA 94612
(510)235-4522 0.4 9-12 548
- Richmond Peres Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 531 students
719 Fifth St.
Richmond, CA 94801
(510)231-1407 0.7 K-6 531
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.