Nystrom Elementary School
Nystrom Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Nystrom Elementary School's student population of 503 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nystrom Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9440 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Contra Costa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Leadership Public Schools: Richmond Grades: 9-12 | 548 students
880 Bissell Ave.
Oakland, CA 94612
(510)235-4522 0.1 9-12 548
- Richmond Richmond College Preparatory Grades: K-6 | 436 students
214 S. 11th St.
Richmond, CA 94802
(510)235-2066 0.1 K-6 436
- Richmond Greenwood Academy Grades: 9-12 | 345 students
831 Chanslor Ave.
Richmond, CA 94801
(510)231-1402 0.3 9-12 345
- Richmond Lincoln Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 427 students
29 Sixth St.
Richmond, CA 94801
(510)231-1404 0.3 K-6 427
- Richmond Coronado Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 443 students
2100 Maine Ave.
Richmond, CA 94804
(510)231-1419 0.5 K-6 443
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.