Gulfport Montessouri Elementary School
- Gulfport Montessouri Elementary School's student population of 686 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gulfport Montessouri Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2972 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pinellas School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Gulfport Montessouri Elementary School is Disston Academy (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Disston Academy Grades: 6-12 | 102 students
5125 11th Ave S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33707
(727)893-1115 0.7 6-12 102
- Saint Petersburg Boca Ciega High School Grades: 9-12 | 1742 students
924 58th St S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33707
(727)893-2780 0.9 9-12 1742
- Saint Petersburg Douglas L. Jamerson Junior Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 577 students
1200 37th St S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33711
(727)552-1703 1.4 PK-5 577
The Gulfport Montessori Elementary magnet program is wonderful program. It is a "school within a school" in which the students are taught by Montessori trained teachers. The Montessori method is extremely effective, and the teachers my son has had have been uniformly excellent. My son has flourished academically, making significant growth and math and reading, while also receiving the character education, science lessons, and lessons about the world that the Montessori method is known for.
- Posted by Parent - Katherine
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.