H L Higgins Elementary School
H L Higgins Elementary School serves 671 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
H L Higgins Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
H L Higgins Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
H L Higgins Elementary School's student population of 671 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
H L Higgins Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of H L Higgins Elementary School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#708 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review H L Higgins Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.