H. W. Wheatley Early Childhood Center
H. W. Wheatley Early Childhood Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- H. W. Wheatley Early Childhood Center's student population of 305 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
- H. W. Wheatley Early Childhood Center's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upper Marlboro Arrowhead Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 317 students
2300 Sansbury Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
(301)499-7071 1.3 K-5 317
- Upper Marlboro Phyllis E. Williams Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 314 students
9601 Prince Pl
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301)499-3373 1.4 K-6 314
- District Heights North Forestville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 325 students
2311 Ritchie Rd
District Heights, MD 20747
(301)499-7098 1.5 PK-6 325
- Capitol Heights John H. Bayne Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 456 students
7010 Walker Mill Rd
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
(301)499-7020 1.6 PK-5 456
- Capitol Heights Walker Mill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 742 students
800 Karen Blvd
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
(301)808-4055 1.7 6-8 742
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.