Walker Mill Middle School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 760 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 37% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 38% MD state average), while 37% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MD state average).
How many students attend Walker Mill Middle School?
760 students attend Walker Mill Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
80% of Walker Mill Middle School students are Black, 16% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are White, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Walker Mill Middle School?
Walker Mill Middle School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Walker Mill Middle School offer ?
Walker Mill Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Walker Mill Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities