Hamilton Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School's student population of 285 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hamilton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1502 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamilton Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Hamilton Elementary School is Hamilton Junior-senior High School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamilton Hamilton Junior-senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 278 students
47 W Kendrick Ave
Hamilton, NY 13346
(315)824-6320 0.0 6-12 278
- Madison Madison Central School Grades: PK-12 | 459 students
7303 Rt 20
Madison, NY 13402
(315)893-1878 5.5 PK-12 459
- Morrisville Edward R Andrews Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 324 students
55 Eaton St
Morrisville, NY 13408
(315)684-9288 7.1 PK-5 324
- Sherburne Sherburne-earlville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 662 students
15 School St
Sherburne, NY 13460
(607)674-7336 9.5 PK-5 662
- Sherburne Sherburne-earlville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 299 students
13 School St
Sherburne, NY 13460
(607)674-7350 9.5 6-8 299
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.