Harmony Area Elementary School
Harmony Area Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Harmony Area Elementary School's student population of 145 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harmony Area Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1473 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harmony Area SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westover Harmony Area Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 133 students
5239 Ridge Rd
Westover, PA 16692
(814)845-7655 0.0 7-12 133
- Northern Cambria Northern Cambria Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 374 students
601 Joseph St
Northern Cambria, PA 15714
(814)948-5880 9.0 PK-4 374
- Northern Cambria Northern Cambria High School Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
813 35th St
Northern Cambria, PA 15714
(814)948-6800 9.0 9-12 328
- Commodore Purchase Line Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 429 students
16559 Route 286 Hwy E
Commodore, PA 15729
(724)254-4312 10.3 7-12 429
- Flinton Glendale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 396 students
1500 Beaver Valley Rd
Flinton, PA 16640
(814)687-4263 11.3 K-6 396
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.