Harpers Choice Middle School
- Harpers Choice Middle School's student population of 591 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harpers Choice Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#784 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Swansfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 634 students
5610 Cedar Ln
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 313-6907 0.3 PK-5 634
- Columbia Wilde Lake Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 610 students
10481 Cross Fox Ln
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 313-6957 0.6 6-8 610
- Ellicott City Applications And Research Laboratory
10920 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410) 313-6698 0.8 n/a n/a
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.