Harrisburg Elementary School serves 602 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Harrisburg Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in North Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the North Carolina state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 55% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 602 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 45%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in NC
- Math Proficiency: 72% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 68% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
Harrisburg Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Harrisburg Elementary School's student population of 602 students has declined by 41% over five school years.
The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Harrisburg Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,568 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Harrisburg Elementary School is 0.64, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (NC)
Overall Testing Rank
#227 out of 2568 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (20-21)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Harrisburg Elementary School's ranking?
Harrisburg Elementary School is ranked #227 out of 2,568 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in North Carolina.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
72% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% NC state average), while 68% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% NC state average).
How many students attend Harrisburg Elementary School?
602 students attend Harrisburg Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
55% of Harrisburg Elementary School students are White, 20% of students are Asian, 13% of students are Black, 7% of students are Hispanic, and 5% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Harrisburg Elementary School?
Harrisburg Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Harrisburg Elementary School offer ?
Harrisburg Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Harrisburg Elementary School part of?
Harrisburg Elementary School is part of Cabarrus County Schools School District.
Review Harrisburg Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.