Hawthorne Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 370 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 54%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 60% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 59% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hawthorne Elementary School's ranking?
Hawthorne Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Hawthorne Elementary School?
370 students attend Hawthorne Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
46% of Hawthorne Elementary School students are White, 41% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hawthorne Elementary School?
Hawthorne Elementary School has a student ration of 22:1, which is equal to the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Hawthorne Elementary School offer ?
Hawthorne Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Hawthorne Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities