Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec
Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec's student population of 334 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec is ranked within the top 5% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#17 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cleveland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mound Bayou I T Montgomery Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 342 students
202 Martin L. King Drive, 202
Mound Bayou, MS 38762
(662)741-2433 0.0 K-6 342
- Mound Bayou John F Kennedy Memorial Hi School Grades: 7-12 | 215 students
204 Edwards Street
Mound Bayou, MS 38762
(662)741-2510 0.2 7-12 215
- Shelby Shelby School Grades: 5-8 | 164 students
701 Lauderdale Street
Shelby, MS 38774
(662)398-4020 5.5 5-8 164
- Cleveland Alternative School Grades: 1-12
607 Third Street
Cleveland, MS 38732
(662)846-6478 8.8 1-12 n/a
I love this school I have all A's
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Justin
Hayes Cooper Center is an excellent school. The teachers are caring people who dedicate many extra hours after school and on weekends to developing high quality units of instruction for their students. Families choose for their children to attend HCC, HCC doesn't choose them! There are many misconceptions about HCC. Why don't you visit and find out the truth for yourself? If you are looking for a school that will offer your child a rigorous curriculum and a loving atmosphere, HCC is for you!!
- Posted by Administrator - hccpy
This school has the advantage of selecting students, and sending them back to the feeder schools if they do not meet performance or behavior standards. All of the top students in the district are transferred to this school. It has been my observation that the teachers are not doing any better job teaching than those in the other schools within the district with much less advantaged students. How easy it is to be successful with all the more able students! The teaching skills are average.
- Posted by Teacher - jmcno
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.