Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec
Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec's student population of 322 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hayes Cooper Center For Math Sc Tec is ranked within the top 5% of all 835 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#25 out of 835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cleveland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mound Bayou I T Montgomery Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 283 students
202 Martin L. King Drive
Mound Bayou, MS 38762
(662)333-8952 0.0 K-6 283
- Mound Bayou John F Kennedy Memorial Hi School Grades: 7-12 | 198 students
204 Edwards Street
Mound Bayou, MS 38762
(662)345-3295 0.2 7-12 198
- Shelby Shelby School Grades: 5-8 | 140 students
701 Lauderdale Street
Shelby, MS 38774
(662)337-6558 5.5 5-8 140
- Cleveland D.m. Smith Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 361 students
715 Martin Luther King Dr
Cleveland, MS 38732
(662)843-4355 8.8 3-6 361
I love this school I have all A's
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Justin
Hayes Cooper Center is an excellent school. The teachers are caring people who dedicate many extra hours after school and on weekends to developing high quality units of instruction for their students. Families choose for their children to attend HCC, HCC doesn't choose them! There are many misconceptions about HCC. Why don't you visit and find out the truth for yourself? If you are looking for a school that will offer your child a rigorous curriculum and a loving atmosphere, HCC is for you!!
- Posted by Administrator - hccpy
This school has the advantage of selecting students, and sending them back to the feeder schools if they do not meet performance or behavior standards. All of the top students in the district are transferred to this school. It has been my observation that the teachers are not doing any better job teaching than those in the other schools within the district with much less advantaged students. How easy it is to be successful with all the more able students! The teaching skills are average.
- Posted by Teacher - jmcno
Nearby Homes for Sale
A new bill has been placed before New York state lawmakers by the Board of Regents, allowing undocumented students to receive financial aid for postsecondary education.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.