Hedgcoxe Elementary School
Hedgcoxe Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Hedgcoxe Elementary School's student population of 429 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hedgcoxe Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#621 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Plano Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plano Hendrick Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 723 students
7400 Red River Dr
Plano, TX 75025
(469) 752-5600 0.4 6-8 723
- Allen Beverly Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 485 students
715 Duchess Dr
Allen, TX 75013
(469) 752-0400 0.5 K-5 485
- Plano Bethany Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 384 students
2418 Micarta Dr
Plano, TX 75025
(469) 752-0300 1.1 K-5 384
- Anna Special Prog Ctr/j J A E P Grades: 8-12 | 2 students
1800 N Graves St
Anna, TX 75409
(972) 924-1000 1.1 8-12 2
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.