Henry C Sanborn Elementary School
Henry C Sanborn Elementary School serves 333 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Henry C Sanborn Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Massachusetts for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 76% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Massachusetts state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 43% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 333 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 37%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 76% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 68% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Henry C Sanborn Elementary School's student population of 333 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Henry C Sanborn Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Henry C Sanborn Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MA)
Overall Testing Rank
#271 out of 1667 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Review Henry C Sanborn Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.