Henry Clay Middle School (Closed 2012)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||984 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers (09-10)||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2011-2012 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Henry Clay Middle School is Alliance Piera Barbaglia Shaheen Health Services Academy (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school and elementary school is Animo Western Charter Middle School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Animo Western Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 647 students
12226 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323) 600-6000 0.0 6-8 647
- Los Angeles Alliance Piera Barbaglia Shaheen Health Services Academy Grades: 9-12 | 448 students
10616 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323) 972-9010 0.1 9-12 448
- Los Angeles Middle College High School Grades: 9-12 | 381 students
1600 W. Imperial Hwy Bldg. 16
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323) 418-4700 0.4 9-12 381
- Hawthorne Cimarron Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 311 students
11559 Cimarron Ave.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(323) 757-1226 0.7 K-5 311
- Los Angeles West Athens Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 713 students
1110 W. 119th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323) 756-9114 0.8 K-5 713
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.