Herbert Hoover Elementary School
- Herbert Hoover Elementary School's student population of 602 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||602 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Herbert Hoover Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2765 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||KENMORE-TONAWANDA UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Herbert Hoover Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 818 students
249 Thorncliff Rd
Buffalo, NY 14223
(716)874-8405 0.0 5-8 818
- Tonawanda Thomas A Edison Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 554 students
236 Grayton Rd
Tonawanda, NY 14150
(716)874-8416 1.0 K-4 554
- Buffalo Charles A Lindbergh Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 507 students
184 Irving Ter
Buffalo, NY 14223
(716)874-8410 1.3 K-4 507
I attended this school back in late 1950's and have fond memories. They provided a high quality education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bob
I also was at the dedication when Herbert Hoover delivered the dedication. I don't remember the year but I think it was 1950 or 1951. They had not yet planted the grass and we stood in some muddy soil which everyone later tracked into the brand new school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Don
I was in the first class when it was a new elementary school and at the dedication when President Hoover spoke.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - norml
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.