High Point Elementary School
- High Point Elementary School's student population of 634 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- High Point Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2650 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pinellas School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to High Point Elementary School is Pinellas County Jail (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clearwater Pinellas Technical College - Clearwater
6100 154th Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 538-7167 0.3 n/a n/a
- Largo Pinellas County Jail Grades: 6-12 | 9 students
14400 49th St N
Largo, FL 33770
(727) 588-6069 0.8 6-12 9
- Clearwater Bayside High School Grades: 9-12 | 222 students
14405 49th St N
Clearwater, FL 33762
(727) 507-4730 1.0 9-12 222
- Clearwater Frontier Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 671 students
6995 Hopedale Ln
Clearwater, FL 33764
(727) 538-7335 1.3 PK-5 671
- Largo Plato Academy Largo Charter School Grades: K-8 | 356 students
7100 142nd Ave
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 228-9552 1.4 K-8 356
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.