Highland Elementary School
- Highland Elementary School's student population of 330 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Meridian CUSD 223 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stillman Valley Meridian Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 432 students
207 W Main St
Stillman Valley, IL 61084
(815)645-2277 0.3 6-8 432
- Byron Byron High School 9-12 Grades: 9-12 | 472 students
696 N Colfax St
Byron, IL 61010
(815)234-5491 4.6 9-12 472
- Rochelle Kings Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 71 students
100 1st St
Rochelle, IL 61068
(815)562-7191 8.1 K-8 71
- Lindenwood Eswood C C Grade School Grades: K-8 | 85 students
304 Main St
Lindenwood, IL 61049
(815)393-4477 8.4 K-8 85
- Chana Chana Education Center/rock River 34 students
204 Main St
Chana, IL 61015
(815)732-4664 8.6 n/a 34
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.